Found throughout the tropical waters of the Indian and Pacific Ocean, the zebra shark is a species of carpet shark that can grow up to 8 feet long. As its name implies, it can be identified by the striped pattern that runs along its body.
- Scientific Name: Stegostoma fasciatum
- Characteristics: Despite their size, zebra sharks are incredibly docile and only one unprovoked attack on a human has ever been recorded. Individually hand painted and professionally sculpted, our zebra shark model brings the open ocean right to your living room!
- Size and Color: Zebra sharks are a beige color with dark brown spots and stripes, and the stripes fade as the mature. 4.75 inches long and 2 inches tall, this model is a touch smaller than a soda can on its side.
- The Zebra Shark is part of the Wild Safari® Sea Life collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Unfortunately, the zebra shark is classified as an endangered species on the International Union for the Conservation of Nature’s red list. Their population numbers are believed to be decreasing, primarily because they are overfished commercially using trawls, gillnets, and longlines. Because of their already low levels of dispersal throughout their endemic range, zebra sharks are especially detrimentally affected by sharp declines in their population.