The Little Prince has captured the hearts of readers around the world since he first appeared in 1943 and is one of the most translated book in the French language. With a timeless charm it tells the story of a little boy who leaves the safety of his own tiny planet to travel the universe, learning the vagaries of adult behaviour through a series of extraordinary encounters. His personal odyssey culminates in a voyage to Earth and further adventures. Now available in Mandarin!
Written by pilot Antoine de Saint-Exupéry while in America, the tale was inspired by his experiences in the French Air Force. On the surface it’s a simple story, but this little prince is as wise as they come and his messages of compassion and goodwill continue to endure. Here are seven life lessons we can learn from this enchanting tale, as told through quotes.
1. Don’t be too fond of numbers
2. Look after the planet
3. Don’t judge others by their words, but by what they do
4. Relationships make life worth living
5. The important things in life you cannot see with your eyes, only with your heart
6. It is the time you give to something that makes it precious
7. And finally, remember to look up at the stars