Endemic to both fresh and salt water and found in every ocean, jellyfish are free-swimming aquatic animals identifiable by their large dome shape. All jellyfish have tentacles that trail behind them which are predominantly used for defense or to capture prey.
- Scientific Name: Phylum Cnidaria
- Characteristics: Because jellyfish aren’t vertebrates and thus not true fish, many experts believe the name “jellies” is more fitting than jellyfish. Make sure to display this immaculately hand painted figurine where everyone can admire it’s craftsmanship!
- Size and Color: Jellyfish are perhaps one of the most diverse groups of animals in terms of appearance, as they can be brightly colored, dull, and even translucent. Measuring 5 inches long and 2.5 inches in diameter, this figurine is the size of a soda can on its side.
- The Jellyfish is part of the Incredible Creatures® collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
It’s estimated that there are over 1800 species of jellyfish present throughout the Earth’s oceans. Species of jellyfish can be vastly different from one another. For example, the Lion’s mane jellyfish can grow to be 120 feet long, tentacles included, while the Irukandji jellyfish is just 1 centimeter long. Similarly, jellyfish stings can range from a shocking annoyance to potentially fatal.