A relatively small type of fish endemic to the reefs and shallow lagoons of the Indian and Pacific oceans, there are over 30 different species of anemonefish. The different species can have many different colorations, although the most iconic is the orange body and white stripes of the orange anemonefish!
- Scientific Name: Subfamily Amphiprioninae
- Characteristics: Like their name suggests, anemonefish and sea anemone are very important to one another and both provide the other with a multitude of benefits. Hand painted and professionally crafted for life-like realism, this figurine is fantastic as a gift for anyone looking to learn about our oceans!
- Size and Color: Measuring 4.75 inches long and 2.5 inches tall, this model is about the size of a soda can on its side. Although anemonefish come in many different colors with many different patterns, they predominantly have an orange base color with white markings.
- The Clown Anemonefish is part of the Incredible Creatures® collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Most anemonefish are actually protandrous hermaphrodites, which means they can alternate between both genders throughout their lives. Anemonefish have this adaptation so that their breeding groups are never disrupted, regardless of whether or not specific members are removed. One of the most interesting members of our vast oceans, learn more about this unique animal with our scientifically accurate clown anemonefish figurine!